ASLHS is a program for all ASL teachers! The ASL Honor Society (ASLHS) is a program offered by ASLTA to bring more value and visibility to the ASL classroom and programs.
Enrich Your ASL Classroom Experience
- Annual National ASL Literature Competition to help students improve their storytelling skills
- Annual Deaf Art competition to expose students to Deaf artists and the Deaf experience
- Grant opportunities for teachers to purchase classroom materials, pay for guest speakers, field trips, and more!
Motivate and Inspire Your Students
- Win cash prizes at competitions
- Earn honor cords or medals to wear at graduation
- Become eligible to apply for the only national scholarship open to students majoring or minoring in ASL, Deaf Education, Deaf Studies, and Interpreter Education
The ASL Honor Society is here to make your teaching experience more positive, more rewarding, and more satisfying!
Ready to Start?
ASLHS chapters must be sponsored by an Associate or Certified Member of ASLTA at the school hosting the chapter. Become an Associate or Certified member today.