ASLTA Affiliated Chapters
Member List Directory of ASLTA Chapters
|Perrysburg High School||Perrysburg||OH|
|San Diego ASLTA||San Diego||CA|
Affiliated State and Local Chapters are important partners for ASLTA.
Chapters provide a local presence, bring national attention to regional needs and improve the quality of ASL instruction via professional development, increased awareness and advocacy.
- Promote official recognition of ASL as a language.
- Promote professional quality in ASL/Deaf Studies teaching.
- Facilitate an effective avenue for exchange of information regarding methods and materials for ASL/Deaf Studies teaching.
- Provide members a minimum of 12 hours per year of professional development related to ASL/Deaf Studies teaching.
- Increase the number of local members to obtain and maintain ASLTA certification.
- Provide input into National ASLTA’s standards and procedures for ASL/Deaf Studies teaching.
- Encourage educational institutions and community-based programs to include ASL/Deaf Studies in their curricula and hire ASLTA-certified teachers.
- Engage in advocacy with the local/state/regional associations of the Deaf and language teaching organizations to promote ASLTA certification for ASL/Deaf Studies teachers.
Affiliated ASLTA Chapters benefit from affiliation with ASLTA via national exposure, networking, and eligibility for financial assistance.
Other benefits include:
- Use of the acronym “ASLTA” in Chapter identification materials.
- Priority scheduling for ASLTA evaluations.
- Designated space in the national ASLTA newsletter/website to communicate Chapter events or news.
- Receive emailed National ASLTA board meeting highlights.
- Officers’ contact information included in the ASLTA website.
- Chapter President or designated representative is invited to attend and engage in National ASLTA Board meetings.
- Eligible to apply for a one-time Matching Professional Development Fund (MPDF) up to $500.00 within two years of Chapter affiliation date. (Note: Chapters have no legal or financial connection to National ASLTA for purposes of 501©3 status, tax exemption or insurance)
- New Chapters receive a Start-Up Kit which includes a video “ASLTA Evaluation & Certification.”
- National ASLTA may send a board member to the newly affiliated Chapter during the first year to: award affiliation, share National ASLTA issues, progress and plans, develop a two (2) year strategic plan, member recruitment and share regional concerns with National ASLTA.
You can find more information about Chapter Guidelines here
Complete the online registration form below:
After completing the online registration, ASLTA will create an account and provide log-in instructions.
To renew your ASLTA Chapter, login to your account and click on the link below.