Making a Motion at the ASLTA Conference
ASLTA members in good standing may make motions for consideration by the Association membership at each National Professional Development Conference. Motions may be made in two ways:
- From the floor during the Association business meetings;
- Submitting an online motion before the Association business meetings.
Motions are reviewed by the Bylaws committee to ensure proposals adhere to ASLTA’s bylaws. Motions that do not adhere to the bylaws are out of order and will not be put to a vote.
- All the information required to submit the motion must be provided. If the motion is incomplete, it will be discarded.
- Both the online motion maker and the person who seconds the motion must be current ASLTA members.
- If an online motion does not have a person to second the motion, members attending the General Business meetings will be asked to second. If there is no second, then the motion will be discarded.
2019 Conference Motions
No motions submitted as of May 1, 2019.
2019 General Business Meetings
- Monday, July 1, 2019. Time: 8:10 am – 10:25 am
- Tuesday, July 2, 2019. Time: 8:10 am – 10:25 am